Welcome to the Clerk of District Court’s
My staff and I are here to assist you with your District Court business in a courteous, friendly and professional manner, to the best of our ability and within the scope of our authority.
WHAT WE DO:
- The Clerk of District Court is responsible for maintaining and preserving the records of the Goshen County District Court.
- The Clerk of District Court has a variety of duties including receiving, accounting for and distributing all money that is received in the office. Our office maintains and preserves the records for all felony criminal cases, including receipting and distributing restitution, fines and fees.
- The Clerk of District Court is responsible for maintaining and preserving the records for all civil matters over $50,000.00, domestic relations, juvenile, probate and adoption cases. The Clerk of District Court is also responsible for receiving and distributing child support as ordered by the Court and maintaining the orders on POSSE.
- The Clerk of District Court is responsible for overseeing all jury trials held in the District Court.
- The Clerk of District Court’s duties also include the administration of appeals. In the appeal process, the District Court can serve as either the trial court or appellate court.
- The Clerk of District Court also serves as a Passport Acceptance facility. We do not prepare the passport but we accept and process the application and send the application to the appropriate Passport Agency.
Contact Kathi Rickard Clerk of District Court
Monday through Friday 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
2018 County Holidays – Office Closed
Clerk of District Court P.O. Box 818
Torrington, WY 82240 Physical:
Clerk of District Court Goshen County Courthouse 2125 East A, Suite 236
Torrington, WY 82240