Author: Brandy Evans
Torrington’s “Little Sister of Liberty” has stood since November 11, 1950. Located on the south lawn of the Goshen County Courthouse, it was one of 200 statues placed across the nation to commemorate the 40th anniversary of the Boy Scouts. What makes the Torrington statue truly one-of-a-kind is the remarkable construction of its base. Charter members of the Rex Young Society of Rock Hounds donated rocks, gemstones, minerals, and fossils for the pedestal.