Our office records and maintains a permanent record of documents recorded in our office. The public can come in to our office to do research and make copies of the public records kept in the Clerk’s Office. If you need assistance our staff would be happy to show you how to use our computer system to perform searches. Copies are 50 cents a page for any documents that are printed.
- Documents transferring land ownership must be accompanied by a Statement of Consideration unless an exemption applies.
- Documents presented to our office for recording must be notarized and be original documents or certified copies.
- Documents should include a grantor, grantee, document date, and a correct legal description for documents pertaining to property.
- Documents releasing, assigning, amending/modifying, or correcting a previously recorded document should include a referring book and page to the original document.
- A document correcting a prior recorded document should clearly state what is being corrected and have the word “Corrected” in the title of the document.
- Do not use white-out on your documents because we cannot accept documents for recording that have white-out used in them.
- Document type should be in the title of the document
First Page: $12.00 Every Page after the first: $3.00 each
- First 10 Sections or City Lots of Legal Description are included in the recording fees. $1.00 charge for each section or city lot over ten.
- Two Referring Book and Pages are included in recording fees. $2.00 charge for each collateral description over two.
- More than (5) Grantors/Grantees: $1.00 for each extra
- Plats (including cemeteries & amended plats): $75.00
- Maps(in accordance with 33-29-139): $50.00
- Corner Records: $5.00
The Goshen County Clerk’s Office stopped writing real estate transactions in the paper tract index books on December 31, 2015. All research on documents recorded after December 31, 2015 will need to be completed in our computer system.
OUR RECORDS ARE AVAILABLE ONLINE WITH AN iDoc and ArcaSearch SUBSCRIPTION!! Go to our Online Records Page
Goshen County Clerk, P.O. BOX 160,Torrington, WY 82240 Phone: 307-532-4051 Fax: 307-532-7375 If sending UPS or Fed Ex use: 2125 East A Street, Suite 120, Torrington, WY 82240