County Election Information
Please call 307-532-4051 or e-mail email@example.com if you have questions.
Early Voting – Early voting begins on September 18th, 2020 in the County Clerk’s office. Wyoming has no excuse absentee/early voting. To vote early come to the Clerk’s office side door, located right inside the west doors of the courthouse. You can vote in office by paper ballot or on the ExpressVote (touchscreen) Machine. You can also request to take your ballot home. Ballots that are taken home can be returned by using the County Clerk’s Dropbox located right outside the northeast doors to our lobby, or our yellow drop box located right outside the front door of our office in the courthouse lobby, in person to our office, or returned by mail.
Only two voters are allowed in the office polling place at any one time and we are practicing social distancing. A ballot may also be mailed to registered voters by calling our office and requesting an absentee ballot.
Voters may register to vote by mail Voter Registration Form Persons residing in a municipality in Goshen County outside of Torrington may register to vote in their town clerk’s office. Qualified voters may also register at the polls on Election Day.
Click the Secretary of State Link below for more Election Information
Secretary of State Election Pages – Includes 2020 Election Calendar
Click the link below for the FAVP for Wyoming
- 2020 Key Election Dates
- Primary ElectionAugust 18, 2020
- General Election November 3, 2020
- Voter registration Closes: Pre-Primary August 3, 2020
(Voters may still register in person and cast an absentee ballot: August 4 – August 17, 2020)
- Election Day (Primary)Voters may register and vote at their polling places.
- Voter Registration Closes: Pre-General October 19, 2020
(Voters may still register in person and cast an absentee ballot: October 20 – November 2, 2020)
- Election Day (General)Voters may register and vote at their polling places.
Absentee ballots may be requested at any time in 2020 prior to the day of an election.
- Primary Election*July 2- August 17, 2020
- General Election*September 18 – November 2, 2020
(*UOCAVA absentee voting will begin July 2nd for the Primary Election and September 18th for the General Election. Please contact your County Clerk for further assistance.)
- Candidate Filing PeriodMay 14 – May 29, 2020
- Minor and Provisional Party Candidate DeadlineAugust 17, 2020
- Independent Candidate DeadlineAugust 24, 2020
4,025 signatures required for statewide races
- Initiative Filing DeadlineFebruary 7, 2020*
*Or prior to the time at which the Legislative Session convenes on February 10, 2020.
30,792 signatures required
- Referendum Filing Deadline: Within 90 days after the adjournment of the Legislative Session
30,792 signatures required
- New Political Party DeadlineJune 1, 2020
4,025 signatures required