Public Notices

The Goshen County Commissioners, in an effort to help keep our roads safe, would like to remind everyone of some helpful facts. WS §24-1-116 and 117 places restrictions upon anyone damming or overflowing water, including wastewater and irrigation water, onto any public road, undermining any bridge, or walls or embankment. Any person finding a roadway damaged by such water may report it to the County Road Supervisor at 532-3716. If the report of the road supervisor shows damage has occurred, it shall then be the duty of the County Attorney to begin proceedings against the party whose negligence has caused the damage.   The negligent party may be subject to a fine not to exceed $100 and also to damages resulting therefrom.