Wyoming property tax refund for taxes billed in 2022
Qualifying Wyoming residents may apply to the state for a refund on property taxes for the prior tax year according to Wyoming Statute 39-13-109.
- Wyoming Residency
- You own your home.
- You have paid your 2022 property taxes on that home in a timely manner and have a receipt for said tax payment.
- You have been a Wyoming resident for the past 5 years.
- You occupied the residence for no less than 9 months of the tax year.
- Your household’s gross annual income is less than or equal to 125% of the median household income for the county in which you reside of the statewide median, whichever is greater.
- Select here for 2022 median household income per county: Property Tax Income Chart
- Your total personal assets do not exceed $1500.00 per adult household member. in other words, if you own other real estate, bank accounts and investments, they cannot value in excess of $1500.00 per adult household member. However, you may exclude the value of your home, a car for each adult household member, and any retirement accounts (IRA’s, 401k plans, cash value of life insurance policies, medical savings etc.)
- Your total property tax bill exceeds more than 10% of your total reported income, then this asset limit would not apply.
Where to get an application
Paper applications are available at:
*Goshen County Treasurer’s – 2125 East A St. Torrington, Wy
*Wyoming Dept. of Revenue – 122 W 25th St. Suite 301 E Cheyenne, Wy
Print your own Property Tax Refund Application OR Apply Online !!!